A bad smell is one of those things that puts people off dogs, no matter how cute they are! But, however cute and friendly your little friend is, it is normal for it to smell at some point.
Nevertheless, there are some dogs that naturally smell less than others!
There are a few unique characteristics in dogs that make them a bit more likely to be smelly. Those that have floppy ears, which makes them susceptible to chronic yeast disease. Others might have excess skin folds or discharge or they might have some illness, minor to chronic skin reactions or other might infections. Also a dog that gives out a lot of skin wax will smell more than other types of dogs. Usually, a dog that feeds on raw food, but keep their teeth brushed will not have a smelly tendency, neither will their breath be smelly. So if you want to get a dog, and you live in a small house or in an apartment, you will need to mind about their smelly ability.
Here is a list of 5 dogs that don’t smell.
• Kuvasz: The Kuvasz is a dog breed that is bred to guard livestock and it has a thick, dual white coat, but despite having the thick skin, it does not have a bad smell. These types of dogs are large and they can weigh up to 100lbs or 50kgs. They do not shed much fur, but even if they do, they will barely smell. The Kuvasz is not really an apartment dog, due to their large size and minimal fur shedding. Nevertheless, they are great dogs to have, if you have a plenty of space, and if you give them a number of things to do, including keeping them busy. Their big-size bodies make them to need more of socializing, and they are suggested only to experienced dog owners, in order to successfully manage them.
• Alaskan Malamute: This dog also doesn’t smell, despite it being large. They too have a thick fur layer, and they shed a lot, anywhere
• Basenji: This dog was specifically bred to be a hunter, therefore, they will not upset you as they are among the dogs that don’t smell. The owners of these dogs normally appreciate the fresh smell that they have. The Basenji will be bored, especially if he is left with nothing to do, and they will need a good walk with the owner at least once every day. Other than it not stinking, the dog is well known for not barking too much.around the house. These dogs are vulnerable to getting bored, they therefore need loads of exercise. They were bred to pull sleds so they are naturally very strong, possess great endurance and are fairly intelligent.
• Whippet: This is a great dog that is also highly preferred by many people. The dog is a medium size, but he will seem like a tiny dog because of its thin nature. The dog will spend most of his time sleeping and it is a great choice if you want a dog in an apartment or a small house. The dog will not stink, as it is well known, which gives you ease even as he lies on the sofa in your living room.
• Siberian Husky: Just like the majority of the Arctic breeds, this dog is very clean and adorable, with gray eyes. For that reason, they will not have any bad smell and they also like hanging around. That means that they barely go out running in the mud, nevertheless, they do shed a lot of fur. These dogs are odorless and great to have in the house, the only negative factor is that they will have their hair scattered everywhere. For that reason, these dogs are not that good to have in the apartment due to their extra fur shedding.
The dog will not need to engage it in extra exercises like most of the dogs. Nevertheless, it would be best if you took it for a walk around the surroundings at least once or two times every day. The Siberian Husky might end up digging your yard, escape and go forever or chew up your clothes. The only positive fact about this dog is that even as it does the extra exercises and get so vigorous, he will not stink. The dog will only behave weirdly if he is not attended to his deeds. For that reason, you will have to attend to his deeds in order keep him happy and most of all, avoid him from running away. This dog usually wants an owner who listens to his deeds.
For that reason, if you want to adapt a dog breed from an animal store, you might find the dog of your choice from any of your favorite animal shelter. You will be able to find several dogs that don’t smell form a number of pet shelters, which you will be sure of enjoying in your living room. All these dogs all don’t stink, nevertheless, they have their own negative sides. For that, if you want a dog, you will need to look for one that is comfortable to live with and be sure of not being uncomfortable with its smell. There are also some dogs that don’t smell, and for you to get one, you must ensure that the dog has less wax buildup and fur folds. Most of the dogs that smell have thick fur and are big, which makes them difficult to clean. But here are some of the big dogs that do not smell.